KpyM Telnet/SSH Server - Forum
Chroot Jail for SFTP
Dave Chroot Jail for SFTP

Any way of implementing this via the .ini or allusers.bat. Basically I want users to be "locked in" to their login directory & not to be able to wander around the HDD.

Thanks

Dave Wynne

Kroum Grigorov

You can "Chroot Jail" the users by setting the appropriate NTFS permissions on your HDD.
The KpyM SFTP will take in account the NTFS permissions for the currently logged in user.

Kroum

Thanks Kroum.

I'm from a linux background & I've had a quick look at the Security Tab of the Properties of a folder, but can't see anything there that would "chroot Jail" a user.

Can you help.

Thanks

Kroum Grigorov

I'm not an permissions expert so there might be a more flexible solution, but what I can suggest is to have a NO_ACCESS group that is explicitly denied access to all HDD folders but the desired "jail" folders. Then you can put your SFTP users in this NO_ACCESS group and the system will take care to force them to "stay" in their "jail" folders only.

Kroum

Dave KTS & Drewamweaver MX 2004

Kroum.

I've just hit another snag with Dreamweaver. Although the SFTP service works fine with FileZilla & sftp from a linux command prompt, it won't work with Dreamweaver.I remember having to put an entry in the sshd_config file on linux, as directed by the Dreamwaever support pages:

# Needed for Dreamwaevae MX 2004
PasswordAuthentication yes
# End

How can I make the same changes with your .ini file ?

Other than that I can't think of a single reason why Dreamweaver won't work.

Incidentally if I wanted to modify your C++ source code to implement a "chroot jail" where should I start looking to do this ?

Thanks again

Dave

Kroum Grigorov

If I get it right the PasswordAuthentication option just forces sshd to allways use "password authentication", KTS will allways and only use password authentication so I don't think this is the issue.

I gess that Dreamweaver is using some bizarre sftp mode that is not implemented in KTS(KTS is really far from implementing all of the SSH/SFTP protocol, it has just the minimum that is good enough for most of the people).

I will have a look at this issue these days but I don't think there will be solution soon.

> Incidentally if I wanted to modify your C++ source code to implement a "chroot jail" where should I start looking to do this ?

You can have a look at the KSftp.hxx file
The functions that are of interest are:
ls_safe
md_safe
rd_safe
cd_safe
del_safe
ren_safe
write_safe
read_safe
one for each of the file operations(ls/md/cd/...)

Kroum

Davc Chroot Jail for SFTP

Kroum,
thanks again. I hope you had a nice break wherever you went. I missed out a rather important comment which makes the Dreamweaver issue more clear:

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!

# D.Wynne 26/10/06
# Needed for Dreamwaevae MX 2004
PasswordAuthentication yes
# End

So tunneled clear text passwords needs to be enabled. It's mentioned on an Adobe TechNote:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19491

Dave

delhis

Our prior goal is to surpass all the expectations of our client by providing outstanding customer support service, greater value and increased flexibility which in results optimize system functionality and improve operation efficiency.
erp software development company in india
erp vendors
Construction erp
online erp software india
hospital information system

abc

Welcome to MGA the world of Csgo, where you will have gaming escapades of your life. MGA offers you luxe en prime accounts because we believe in the trance of gaming experience and nirvana that can be reached by CSGO, MGA helps you to achieve that.

csgo accounts

and

Why should you choose buyacsgosmurf over other portals similar to this one? Well firstly, the reason is that we have tied up with ShopRankedAccounts, the current leaders in providing smurf accounts to gamers.

csgo smurf

Shoun

We are best Professional SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Designing and Web Development Company in Bangalore.
social media marketing company in bangalore
web designing company in bangalore
digital marketing company in bangalore
seo services company in bangalore
ppc agency

arianna

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up! Pool design company

arianna

A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. lsm99

Arianna

I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? bespoke carpets dubai

arianna

If you don"t mind proceed with this extraordinary work and I anticipate a greater amount of your magnificent blog entries alcohol hand sanitizer UAE

arianna

Very awesome!!! When I seek for this I found this website at the top of all blogs in search engine. PR Company Dubai

arianna

A debt of gratitude is in order for the blog entry amigo! Keep them coming... budapest apartments

arianna

Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food additionally, Thanks. ทำแบรนด์สบู่

arianna

I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting. online training

arianna

Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post. Marriage Counselling

arianna

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Halloween gifts

arianna

I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work! Cheap SSL Certificate

arianna

A debt of gratitude is in order for giving late reports with respect to the worry, I anticipate read more. Youtube reseller panel

arianna

Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. buy cheap facebook followers

arianna

This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. adiva for sale

arianna

This is also a very good post which I really enjoy reading. It is not everyday that I have the possibility to see something like this. LED Mirrors

Arianna

I have been searching to find a comfort or effective procedure to complete this process and I think this is the most suitable way to do it effectively. 稼ぐ

arianna

It has fully emerged to crown Singapore's southern shores and undoubtedly placed her on the global map of residential landmarks. I still scored the more points than I ever have in a season for GS. I think you would be hard pressed to find somebody with the same consistency I have had over the years so I am happy with that. boring blues guitar solos

© 2007 - 2008 Kroum Grigorov